Wordle of words from the Coalition Agreement (create your own wordles here)
Whereas last year we had Cleggmania, Bigotgate, Ginger Rodents and Toxic debts this year has started a little slower but with new words freshly briefed and older ones reemerging its time for a quick run down of whats what.
- Tory-led: Scrub coalition its a Tory led government. Ed Miliband thinks he's doing himself and the Liberal Democrats a favour by making sure that the world knows that the Tories have majority control and lead the
coalitionGovernment. Indeed Ed the maths don't lie, but come on even your EX-shadow councillor could have worked that one out without his abacus.
- TwoEds: The old adage that two heads are better than one might stand up, but with one Ed being a leader picked by the Unions and a second Ed who should really be his wife. Perhaps this is the Edception to the rule.
- Deficit Denier: This one is re-emerging and resurrecting itself like Peter Mandelson in his prime. With Balls at the helm one thinks this will be the strongest (if constantly repeated) weapon for the
coalitionTory led Government.
- Nudge: See last weeks blog!
- Alarm Clock Britain: it's the new political label for hard-working ordinary people, the kind of people who find such labels patronising. NEXT
- Blank sheet of paper: Shrewd political document at the heart of Labours political reform drive and catalyst for change. Will be written on when Ed shifts over.
- Progressive: Many proclaim it, others claim others aren't it, neither of the blighters define it. An empty signifier if ever I heard one. Economically you can have a progressive tax e.g. Those on high incomes pay a higher percentage of their income than those on lower incomes, beyond that its non interpretable chaff!
- Dissent entrepreneur: Actually delivered in 2010 but deserves another outing blog from Left Foot Forward (here). Those who develop activism from within the movement.
- SpAD: Government is essentially SpAD heavy, they are the so called 'temporary civil servants'/Special Advisors. Being a SpAD can lead to great things just ask Shadow Chancellor Balls a former SpAD himself who 'apparently' used his own SpAD to brief against Alan Johnson (Not SpAD) to gain his new position. Ed Mil was also a former SpAD as was James Purnell. Even Sue Nye who was a BadSpAD when she stuck Gordon Brown (not SpAD, Had SpADs) with that bigoted woman is now Baroness Nye. However rumours that Mike Hancock had employed VladSpAD were greatly exaggerated. (ill stop there but I also had Cad, ipad and Riyadh).
- Misery Index: What with all the talk of happiness measurement I was most amused to see Guido Fawkes misery index. The perfect measure to what bites when things bite. Basically the maths goes ... Retail Prices Index + Unemployment rate + ( Public Sector Net Cash Requirement / GDP ) = Misery Index.
- Bankerbashing: Still being blamed for everything in some circles, however a line has to be drawn somewhere. They were a part of the reason for the economic crisis and they will be part of the solution.
This weeks spotify track is Word Forward from the Foo Fighters.